Third Age RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where people can roleplay in the world created by JRR Tolkien

Basilius, Supreme Ruler and King of Harad

Eightball
    Eightball
    Admin
    Admin

Basilius, Supreme Ruler and King of Harad Empty Basilius, Supreme Ruler and King of Harad

Post by Eightball Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:30 am

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I give you, Basilius, the great king of Harad!

Grand Destroyer of the Living
    Dark King of the Underworld
    Black God of the Infinite Expanse

Basilius, Supreme Ruler and King of Harad Squall2-2
    Basilius, Supreme Ruler and King of Harad Boom2

Settle down little one, or you will be open for punishment. Tonight, I will tell you the story of the king, for you must hear it.

Basilius was born of humble beginnings, in the midland. They say he was a hard worker, a true model of a person. The child knew his values too, and he made sure that he went to school. He studied hard, and worked hard. Eventually, he grew up and managed to start a quickly growing business that soon expanded into many trades. Then suddenly, what was thought to be the last heir to the throne died, and Basilius, by a stroke of luck, emerged to be the long, lost relative. They say the nation rejoiced, and that he was embraced as the new king. Under him, our country expanded into the war today, and we continue to increase our borders. They say that Basilius himself dethroned the corrupt kings of neighboring lands and took care of the people as his own. They say Basilius is the greatest king of all, and that he could be as equivalent to a god. But listen child, whatever any may say to you, this is a lie.

_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ _______ _______

"...course he can't go out there alone."

"It's not like we have much choice, he's already involved with bandits and other organizations."

"That doesn't mean it's not too late for him."

"I seriously dou-
    Oh, son, you surprised me."

"I'm not your son. You're not my dad."

"C'mon, I know I'm not your real father but at least I'm your father's brother-in-law, right? You gotta give me some real credit."

"I don't give a damn. I am leaving, whether you or "mom" like it or not. Thanks for a stupid childhood."

Basilius's mother died during childbirth and his father died soon thereafter, his mother's brother then took care of him on a farm in the mainland, a life Basilius hated and soon left. Constantly disappearing into more shady areas and places, his foster parents were always weary about him. One day, Basilius simply left. He wasn't seen again until four years later, when he emerged as a new entrepreneur in a rising company. He also associated with the king, and as it turned out his father was a cousin to the king, making Basilius a relative. This news was a lucky stroke for him, and only started him down his path to rule.

"From henceforth your name shall now be Basilius, and you will be recognized as having completed your training. Upon this day, you are fully inducted into my teachings and are now capable of many dangerous and powerful arts of which you will be trusted with completely. However, under no circumstances can you use this knowledge for evil, understood?"

With a smile, Basilius accepted.

"Understood."

He didn't intend to keep this promise.

An office lay in a major trading city near the ocean, where a single man lay sitting in the guest's seat in front of an open desk and a vacant seat. An older gentlemen drenched in sweat quickly entered the office.

"Ah, Basilius, finally, I'm so pleased we could make this transaction."

"The pleasure is all mine."

"Now I understand you owe me a lot here, I've kept everything you've done discreet about all that criminal stuff, as well as saved you from execution, keeping your identity safe the entire time. You understand this is going to cost you a lot, in fact, this may very well bankrupt your mediocre beginnings of what you call a coup d'etat."

"Thanks for that, now I think I must be on my way."

The man abruptly rose from his chair.

"What? You owe me money, Basilius!"

"Goodbye, Saharabara..."

Basilius turned his back and took a couple steps while Saharabara seethed with rage.

"Oh and one more thing-"

Basilius turned and flicked his wrist, then turned back and closed the door.

Saharabara's outrage immediately stopped, a single knife protruding out of his forehead.

A deleted record:

A building located in the port city, Iẏarkāra, was caught in a fire. All inhabitants managed to evacuate, save a single man by the name of Saharabara Dusita, who was suspected of being intoxicated or sleeping. Local investigator's believe it was caused by some accident from the inside, but no evacuated victim has admitted anything. The city aristocrats are outraged at the destruction, and the inhabitants are going to individually be pressed with charges for the building's reconstruction.

"Hello! Mr..."

"You can call me Basilius."

"Right, Basilius, what is it your company does?"

"Plenty of things, in fact I can't really name one thing in Harad I don't control."

"Oh, is that so? What about the king and it's government? You can't possibly be saying you have any control over that."

"Why of course I do, all of it."

A young to-be-king sat in the throne room, in the very depths of the castle contemplating his near coronation. He was in his early twenties, and he was very surprised he would be given such an honor at such a young age. He was built up his entire life to this point, much education and training had been put into him. Another man entered the room with a deafening sound of the large doors slamming open and then quickly shut.

"Ah, cousin, what a surprise! How goes your business you started a few years ago?"

A smile appeared on the man's face, flashing perfect white teeth.

"It's been going great, actually. In fact, that's why I'm here."

"Oh, how intriguing, what is it?"

"Well, first, let us talk about this over a meal."

A few hours later, the two sat on an extravagant table filled with food. They ate in silence for many moments, before the would-be king spoke up.

"Basilius, I know."

"Hmm?"

"I know-- the fire, your father, your disappearance, the government-- it puzzled me for a while but I figured it out."

"Is that so? Well, if that's the case then-"

The would-be-king sputtered, his throat making a gurgling noise. He then began coughing violently. His hands shakily rose up to his throat, as if trying to pry off some invisible force.

"What's the matter? Choking on some of your food? Shame, this stuff really is good."

Blue-faced, the man suddenly became very still. Dead.

Basilius turned toward the window, where a shaft of light was shining upon him. He could see the entire city before him.

Let the games begin...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am